<VV> squeak (again)

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Sat Jun 3 20:57:15 EDT 2006

so while I was on my test drive for the non-start situation, the dreaded squeak (actually now more like a squeal) came back and this time it got loud.  It was still intermitent and first showed up after making a right hand turn.  Definitely a rotating noise and kind of metal on metal sounding.  It went away as I drove but came back.  The intensity would vary too.  By the time I pulled into my driveway it was gone and I was returning with pizza so I didn't have a chance to jack it up to check it out.

So which is more likely, u-joints or bearings (or something in the brake mechanism)?????  I could just change out the joints I suppose.  Cheap and easy enough, I hate to be wastefull though.

mike