<VV> hey, my car starts!

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Sat Jun 3 23:26:40 EDT 2006

I don't know Matt.  All I know is the car would crank like crazy but not start.  I tried it right before I started working on it.  I then took the air cleaner off and verified that the carbs were squirting gas.  I then decided I would just swap out the rotor, points and cap since I had a brand new set just waiting to be installed and noticed during disassembly that the point plate was out of the hole in the VA arm and was kind of stuck.  I bent the VA arm up so the point plate would stay in and put it back together and voila, the car started.  Maybe I magically changed something else that caused it to work but I doubt it.  I didn't change the points, cap and rotor.  They're the same ones that were in when it wouldn't work.  You tell me, all I know is it works now.

mike