<VV> Re: Cooper Tires website

Tim Verthein minoxphotographer at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 4 07:22:28 EDT 2006

I have Cooper 195x13x70 Cobras on my 64 right now. Put 'em on NOS
chrome rims I managed to pick up, and I think they look swell..rather
retro, actually.
pic at; http://www.edselmotors.com/monzatoday.html
However....
They drive great, a crapload better water traction than what was on the
car when I got it (Some sort of Kelly 15" jobs that were really flat
and wide...on those Nissan rims, remember?) a hint more tire noise, but
a good ride and great road feel.  But until about 3 weeks ago all my
driving was me...maybe one passenger in the car. But I've discovered
that with two or three adults in the car, or two and a trunk load of
stuff, I do get some rubbing when turned hard e.g. cranking out ot the
driveway, making a u-turn for a rummage sale, etc.  So this now puts
this size in the "marginal" catagory for me. I'm considering downsizing
one size for the front tires...Cooper also lists these in a 185, and
also a 175.  I'm thinking the 185 might just give me the bit of extra
clearance I need. Think I'd have any noticeable change in
driving/handling?  I'm thinking the one size smaller in in front
wouldn't make any perceptable difference.

Tim in Bovey

"Just a note:  www.coopertire.com has been updated ( well since I last
popped
it up ) and features mood music and a very useful list of tires for
corvairs.

GREAT NEWS::   195 x 13 x 70 GT Cobras are still listed.  WE are on our

3rd
set on various vehicles and these seem to be a decent honest good
compromise
for a street tire.  except for the high school Harry raised GT Cobra
white
lettering, of course ... although we are getting used to it.

Oh, for you with 17 inch wheels, they list a high performance tire in
40
series ... that should look Oh-So- killer on a  racer guy car.

Oh, I even got a set of GT C ( very used ) on my Field Rotarty Pasture
mower
!! wanna drag?

===
You *can* repair a flip-flop with a capacitor!
===