<VV> squeak - more info

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Sun Jun 4 22:05:47 EDT 2006

So that's the play I'm seeing?  I knew about the play at the differential but this seemed to be more like rocking in the hub.  If I pulled the top of the wheel outward, the yoke and shaft would kick up a little.  On the other hand, I felt nothing when I tried pulling in and out on the wheel with the car on the ground.  Whatever is making this ruckus is making catostrophic sounding sounds, but only from time to time.  You'd think it would be obvious what's busted.  I would anyway.  The rear wheel in question does turn firmly but smoothly.  Reasonbly smoothly anyway.

mike