<VV> Corvair weekend

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Sun Jun 4 23:43:37 EDT 2006

Had a great Corvair weekend in Kansas. Stopped by the paint shop Friday
night to check out the progress on my 1965 sedan. It was mostly stripped and
looked like a leopard with all the door dings marked with tape.  Saturday was a
nice trip to historic Medicine Lodge, Kansas for a car show.  The ride was
through some very nice country side with rolling hills (not all of  Kansas is flat)
and the weather was nearly perfect. VV's Terry Kalp drove his  1964
convertible and Kirk Eck drove his freshly painted 1965 Coupe, I drove my  1966 Corsa
coupe. We met up with David Fasgold and his 1965 coupe at the show.  David's
band, the Dorfus Crack Tractors provided the musical entertainment. They  played
everything from Michael Jackson to the Ramones, good sounding  tunes.
The weekend wound up with some fun at Terry's shop. I worked on stripping
out the remnants of a  65 coupe. Terry and I removed the front and  rear
suspensions last weekend and I removed most of the remaining good parts  today.
There's not much left. After lunch we went to pick up a car that was  owned by a
club member, Joe Pape. Joe passed away right after Christmas last  year and his
widow wanted the club to have his car. As Terry already mentioned,  it is a
very interesting car. A 1968 500 coupe with 140, 4 speed, quick steering  and HD
suspension (plus it has a clock). How many of those were built?

Anyhow, how your weekend was as fun...

Ned  Madsen
MCCA President - Wichita, KS
1966 Corsa 140/4 speed