<VV> to VV What a sucky day

Thomas Shepard teshep at marshallnet.com
Mon Jun 5 11:31:24 EDT 2006

Hey People,
Let me tell you what a sucky day I had.

I was on the way to the first car show for my Loadside, when dumbluck struck. I was cruising down the freeway, when from out of the blue, smoke started to roll out of the back of my Loadside. Of course I didn't notice that the idiot light had come on telling me that the fan belt had come off. By that time, just a split second, the engine had caught on fire.
My wife was behind with the ' 65, and was trying to get me to pull over.When I got stopped the engine compartment was in flames. I got the engine cover pulled off and my wife handed me the fire extinguser. I emptied the contents of the fire extinguser on the flames, but of course it wasn't enough.
So, we had to stand there and try to get people to call 911 on their cell phones for us. As luck would have it 2 people stopped and called 911 for us. Several minutes later, the fire truck showed up. The firemen got out a small water hose and completely doused the engine compartment. They then looked the whole thing over to make sure that the ffire was out. They disconnected the battery cables and checked to see that the gas line was not compromised.
There was also a policeman on the scene to direct traffic. We had the policeman call for a flatbed tow truck and he stayed until the Loadside was loaded and we were on our way home.
What is really kind of funny(?) was that on the way to the car show, the truck wouldn't hardly pull itself up any steep hills And I was thinking to myself that a 110 would probably be a better engine for this vehicle. And now it looks like that is what I will be doing in the next few days. Does anybody have a real good 110 out there that they will part with?? If you do and you are not too far away from CENTRAL IOWA, give me a call. AFTER 10 AM CST
Well I feel a little better now, time to go.
Tom Shepard
Marshalltown,Iowa