<VV> compression / carb gaskets and insulators (140)

Brent Covey brentcovey at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 5 12:20:58 EDT 2006

> >   Next question concerns the placement of the carb insulator block and
the
> > gasket. I always put the insulator block on first and the gasket next.

I never use the gaskets, just the phenolic plastic insulator all on its own.
and this has always worked just fine. If you like, you can put a tacky
coating of fuel impervious sealant (no thicker than paint) on the insulator
to be doubly certain theres no vacuum leaks but they do seal just fine dry
as a rule. Everything has to be CLEAN for this to work, make sure theres no
old gasket residue etc on the seal surfaces, and dont overtighten the carb
nuts, as this can crack the insulators or distort the carb casting.

Hope thats some help,
Brent Covey
Vancouver BC