<VV> 140 carb gaskets etc.

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 5 19:16:56 EDT 2006

 Thanks to all who answered. For the record the answer range from just the insulator (this is original style),  gasket on on top and bottom, only on the top, use a proper sealant on both sides of the insulator etc.

   I had two styles of insulator, the thin Clark's and the thick ones made with a metal biscuit sandwich in between.

   I like Clark's better and used one on top and bottom to over come any possible warpage / misalignment of the interface of the carb base and the manifold surface.

   I always only used the insulator in the past as this is probably the reason the books do not show a gasket.

   Oh yeah, it started and ran fine at 2,000 rpm for about 15 minuets. The cam and lifters already had 6,000 miles on them, but a quick break in run does not hurt with oil and temps OK.

   Maybe it'll be ready for buffalo

MIKE KOVACS