<VV> Oil Pressure Gauge?

Tim Verthein minoxphotographer at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 6 17:26:04 EDT 2006

For those of you who keep up with VV and the Phorum....excuse the
duplication....bu tlooking for input....

So, what's proven to be the best/easiest/most cost effective way to
hook up an oil pressure gauge? Picked up a nice, new, in the package
gauge for Ryan at a rummage sale over the weekend and he's putting it
in the Monza.

It came with the traditional 6 feet of nylon tubing to go between the
sender and the gauge. Naturally, in a Corvair this isn't long enough.
No FLAPS anywhere near here sells the stuff in longer lengths. So, one
counter guy convinced me to get another 6 foot hunk, and a fitting to
splice the two together, and convinced me that would be swell. Well,
sure, but THAT"S not long enough either! I just hate to splice on
another hunk to get the length necessary. Just dosen't seem right to
have three hunks of line spliced together. One outfit suggested we go
with copper tubing..which they have on rolls and you can buy a hunk as
long as you need. But I've heard concerns about vibration cracking the
copper tubing, which would not be good!

So....what's been done to handle the job?

Tim in Bovey

===
You *can* repair a flip-flop with a capacitor!
===