<VV> Amazin!

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Thu Jun 8 12:56:20 EDT 2006

At 04:02 hours 06/08/2006, henry kaczmarek wrote:
>Yesterday, I went out and got in my Vair to go to work. I turned the
>key, and it Started!  And when I left work to come home, I turned
>the key, and it Started again!  And it didn't stop running on the
>trip either way!  Simply Amazin! The Car Start God must be smilin' on me.
>
>Maybe I should drive this ugly daily driver to Buffalo after all. If
>there's a Beater Class in the Car Display I have guaranteed Hardware!

My budget doesn't allow a trip to the Nats this time.    Bummer...

Good thing, because I'd be tempted to take the '60 4-door and show up
your EUM and you know I can do it.   ;)

>The EUM isn't pretty yet---

It's Miss America compared to the '60 4-door...

>this fall the body and paint goes on.

Same as with the '60 although with a stroke of luck I MIGHT get it
done before Fall...  gots some MIG welding to do on the lowers in
order to exploit those NOS early 4-door rocker panels I picked up at
the last Nats.    Also have replacement front and rear valence pans
(is that the correct nomenclature?) to go on it, to replace the
dinged and dented originals that were already battered when I got the
car over 20 years ago.

>But when I want it to start, It does! And when I want to go
>somewhere, I get there!  I just can't get over it.

Heh...  my '60 has ALWAYS done this, only time it ever failed to get
back home was when its 192,000 mile 80hp engine ate a valve seat,
cracked a piston and stuck it in the cylinder thus requiring a tow
for the last two blocks back to the driveway.

Since its repair, the '60 has been business as usual just like
before.    Runs  better than ever with an extra 30 hp.  (I cheated
and swapped a low miles 110 into it)

>Time for work---Gotta go start my car. Will it?  Confidence is high!

...mine always started, even after having been wounded.    ;)

Wish I could make Buffalo.

tony..