<VV> Pertronix Ignitor II and Flamethrower II coil questions

Cepak, Tom A tom.a.cepak at lmco.com
Thu Jun 8 11:12:50 EDT 2006

I ordered from Larry's last night (I didn't pay any tax) the Pertronix
Ignitor II and Flamethrower II coil. I picked up the Bosch 7502 spark
plugs.
I already have Seth's 8 mm ignition wires and distributor cap with brass
contacts.

It looks like I can tap the black/yellow wire in the main engine harness
at the connection to the main body harness
as it comes from the fire wall, from the point just before the resistor
wire that goes to the coil to get the full 12V.

Do I run the full 12 volts to the coil, and the Pertronix II wired to
the coil?

Do I run the coil off of the existing coil wire and only supply the
Pertronix II with 12 volts?

Do I run two separate 12 volt wires, one to the coil and one to the
Pertronix?

I've seen the suggestion of the spark plug gap for a Turbo. What would
you guys suggest the plug gap be set for a 102hp 4-speed?

Thanks,

Tom C
'63 Monza Convertible
http://users4.ev1.net/~cepak/index.html