<VV> Greenbrier Rear Seat holder thingies needed + seat belt mounting

EVERETT WILSON aircooled6 at prodigy.net
Fri Jun 9 13:45:53 EDT 2006

I removed the rear seats and the rubber mats from the
Greenbrier and discovered that two of the devices that
bolt to the floor and hold the bolts from the seat
frames have returned to the oxide of iron from which
they came.  The floor is quite solid, except for two
small holes in the rear corner where  the floor bumps
up to go over the engine, but those "thingies" are
dust.  (Not to be confused with the "HRTs" on the late
models)

Im assuming Im not the only person ever to have this
situation.  Does anyone have a couple of these  that
theyve salvaged along the way that they would be
willing to part with for reasonable $$?

Alternatively, what have some of you others done in
this case?  Direct drilled holes and bolted the seats
down that way?

Also, what about seat belt mountings?  Im interested
in where others have attached seat belts for the rear
seats.   I heard a rumor that there were factory
suggestions in some manual or another, but I cannot
find that note.

By the way, I have turned the key in my Brier several
dozen times a day for the past year and it has failed
to start only once.  The starter was dead.  I thought
it was the solenoid, but it wasnt.  Replacement
starter has functioned perfectly well now for several
months.  I do deliveries in my GB and it is started
probably 40-50 times a day when Im working that job.

Everett Wilson
North Richland Hills TX