<VV> Reply to Re: [fastvair] Calling All Megasquirters

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Fri Jun 9 15:22:00 EDT 2006

Joel,
    If you don't get any more pertinent responses, you  might try using a
wide band O2 sensor in the exhaust downstream of the turbo to  give feedback to
your Megasquirt controller.  Initially try setting the  controller to run
stoichiometric (around 14.6 A/F ratio) under all  conditions.  Then you probably
have to richen up the mix (say 12 to 13 A/F)  for smooth idling and high load
operation as well as sudden throttle  opening.  But keep the stoich. setting for
economical cruising.  If  you have good air/fuel distribution and good
ignition settings, you might even  be able to run low load cruising at leaner than
stoichiometric, but you'll  probably need a knock sensor to handle that (Ray
Sedman's SafeGuard would be  ideal for that).  Also, lean operation will tend to
increase the NOx  production so you might be in VIOLATION of the current
emission  regulations.  But I'll never tell<GGGGG>
    Please let us know how it works out.
    Frank "stock is a good BEGINNING" Burkhard

In a message dated 6/6/2006 3:19:37 AM Eastern Standard Time,