<VV> 64 Spyder at 2006 Hot Rod Power Tour

rbkj84 at comcast.net rbkj84 at comcast.net
Fri Jun 9 20:59:17 EDT 2006

Thought that some of you might enjoy the following link from the featured car daily gallery (day 5 - Roanoke, Virginia) of the 2006 Hot Rod Power Tour  (just completed) that shows 4 pics of a 'Vair.  My 64 Spyder Coupe was an huge attention getter as a truly unique car among the 6 million 'vettes, 5 million camaros, 5 million mustangs, novas, etc. etc. .... you get the picture.  As part of the tour, the Spyder climbed to 2600 ft along the Blueridge Parkway with turbo power to spare !!  My 17 year old son was along as navigator.  A great father-son memory!  Wish we could have done the whole trip (FL to NJ) but the 2 days we did do was a fantastic experience.

Please visit:

http://www.hotrod.com/powertour/hrpt_power_tour_2006_day5_gallery/index1.html

The Nader picture is real and shows Ralphie and me in front of my Spyder in 2001 (I'll let you guess about the authenticity of the caption bubble (too much fun!!).

Best wishes to all the great people from the Heart of Georgia Corvairs (and a special thanks to Mr. James Law who expertly rebuilt the turbo and the turbo carb for my Spyder) and the Arkansas Corvairs.  I was a member of both clubs during my earlier lives!! This little Spyder coupe now lives in central PA (close to the fabled car towns of Hershey and Carlisle !!) and is doing well!

Regards to all my friends in GA and AR,

Ron Toll
Hot Rod Power Tour featured 64 Spyder Coupe
91 Buick Reatta Coupe (1 of 1280 and among the last 100 ever built)