<VV> RE: What kind of Corvair?

Cliff Tibbitts tibbitts at qx.net
Tue Jun 13 08:52:05 EDT 2006

This happened to another member of the club, so I am passing this on based
on his word, but it certainly sounds believable.

Years ago, he had stopped at small mom and pops restaurant somewhere here in
the middle of Kentucky.  It was one of those places that also had a set of
gas pumps out front.  He and his wife had noticed some stares and comments
made in the general direction of his late model Corvair.

As he was leaving, he decided to top off the tank so he pulled up to the
pump.  As he was getting his gas, one of the other patrons had come out to
the car.  "Settle a bet for me," he said.  "I bet a gentleman inside that
this is a custom car.  I told him that the back half came off a Corvette and
the front half was a Camaro."

My friend set him straight, I would have left him thinking he was right.

Cliff Tibbitts
Lexington, KY