<VV> RE: What kind of Corvair?

kaczmarek at charter.net kaczmarek at charter.net
Tue Jun 13 13:21:33 EDT 2006

Back when the EUM first got on the road, and I still had the stock seats (Covered with Blankets), and there was still roof insulation falling off the inside, My wife's Alero had the fuel pump module go bad. (thank God for extended protection).

After a 60 mile tow truck trip to the local Chev/Olds dealer, my wife calls for a ride home from the dealer, and the EUM got the nod.  I pull up in the service lane, and there's a young kid, obviously being schooled by an "old Geezer", and the kid asks me what kind of car it is?  The Geezer smacks him one on the side of his head, and tells him---GO LOOK AT THE TRUNK BAR---and naturally he goes to the back of the car to look---which earns him another smack. By that time I'm out of the car, and he sees the Bowtie on the grill bar, and he's past belief that this car could be a Chevrolet.  I enjoyed educating him, and now he's a non-owning enthusiast, looking around for one that's pretty much done to buy.

Hank

 Several people came up to us