<VV> Fw: [fastvair] Indianapolis 500 History/ Yenko 40th

BBRT chsadek at adelphia.net
Tue Jun 13 16:54:42 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Gillespie" <mgillespie at crownhill.org>
To: <fastvair at yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 3:47 PM
Subject: [fastvair] Indianapolis 500 History/ Yenko 40th

          I just spent the afternoon with Ron Burton, famous Indy 500
artist and Wayne Leary, who was Dan Gurney's crew chief on the Eagles in
the 60's and 70's. Talk about stories to tell! Anyway, they were both very
familiar with Don Yenko and his history. Ron's paintings are World famous.
He is interested in attending our event. Maybe I can get him to do a print
of the cars for us. I have been very fortunate in meeting and spending time
with many people here in Indy who have notable backgrounds in racing and
are willing to share their experiences with me. I may do a series of
articles in the future. I am going to buy extra batteries for my tape
recorder!         Mark Gillespie

Home is just a click away. Make Yahoo! your home page now.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/EHYslB/TM

Yahoo! Groups Links