<VV> Air Compressors, smidgen of Corvair

corvair at mts.net corvair at mts.net
Wed Jun 14 14:23:49 EDT 2006

Above all, do NOT buy a 'direct drive, oilless' compressor. Sounds like the one you are looking at is of that sort. That's how they advertise that tiny motor at 5hp - they spin it up to a zillion RPM and the noise will drive you out of the country, as long as the compressor doesn't wear out first. Look for an (at least ) 2-cyl compressor with a belt drive motor.

My 11-gal, 2hp, 110-v, 2-upright-cylinder Sanborn has been working great for 10 years now, operating all kinds of air tools (mainly impact and air chisel), blowing, and filling tires. Never used it for a full size paint sprayer but it will operate my touchup gun non stop.

Les
corvair at mts.net
Message: 8