<VV> On the road

Dennis & Debbie PLEAU ddpleau at msn.com
Thu Jun 15 23:37:07 EDT 2006

Tomorrow starts my long awaited sabbatical.  I get a fully paid eight week
sabbatical every 7 years.  I'm taking the sabbatical I was eligible for 2
years ago.  Debbie will drop me off at work tomorrow @ 6:00 and pick me up
after work and we will head west.  We're heading over the Rockies on a state
highway and then connect with highway 50 and take that into Tahoe where we
will stay at my parents cabin for a few days, and then go on to Debbie's
mothers and see my brother and my parents.  This trip to CA was planned when
my brothers cancer was devastating him and no one thought he would make the
summer.  Cemo has improved his quality of life greatly and he should be
around for a while.  We decided to go out anyway.

After CA, we are coming back to Colorado for a few days, hooking up our
pop-up tent trailer and heading for Washington DC.  We will stay there for a
while and then head up the coast on my long awaited genealogy trip up
through New York, Connecticut  to Farmington, Boston, Rowe, MA  and then up
into Quebec, and finishing up at the International Corvair Convention in
Buffalo, NY.  After the convention we have to make a mad dash home to get
the kids to school on the first day.  Debbie hasn't got a teaching job yet,
but if she does she will have to fly home early to get ready for the start
of school.

I will be taking my lap top with me and logging in when I can get Wi-Fi.  It
will probably be days between logging in.