<VV> Gas tank sending unit seal

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 16 07:47:25 EDT 2006

Are you turning the locking ring all the way to the locked position? It's very hard to turn the last 1/2 inch. It has to go past a hump and "lock in". I know from experience that it will leak if it is not fully seated. Also, it is difficult to get it that last 1/2 inch using makeshift tools. If you have the sending unit tool (available from Clarks) it is a piece of cake.

David McMillan said:
<< I'm having a bear of a time getting the sending unit
back in without gas leaking past the seal. I've gone
through five of the o-ring seals (two of which were
just received from Clark's), three of the metal ring
nuts (two of which I tried increasing the angle on to
push against the tangs more so as to exert more
pressure on the seal)....>>

-- Doug Mackintosh
  Corsa member since 1996
  Corsa/NC member since 1996,  Virtual Vairs member
  Corvair owner 1969-1971 and 1996-on