<VV>69 Shenanigans

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Fri Jun 16 09:44:19 EDT 2006

>  a little less than a 1/4 tank  of gas,  about 88 degrees temperature)
> when all of a sudden I start losing  power...

Sounds like the classic "bad gas". Back in the day a can of alcohol in the
tank was often needed. I think HEET is still available. Might also be a
small crack in the rubber hose by the differential or a failing pump - once
the level in the tank gets below the level of the hose, the pump could
start sucking air and lean out the engine.

Only way I know to tell which is with a fuel pressure gauge. If bad gas,
the pressure will be normal. If air it will drop.

Other way is to drain the tank - bad gas will usually smell, well, bad. If
1/8 tank of fresh gas cures the problem, there you are.

Padgett

Padgett