<VV> Polishing bearing journals

TimogensTurbo at aol.com TimogensTurbo at aol.com
Fri Jun 16 13:21:35 EDT 2006

In a message dated 6/16/2006 9:56:39 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
contactsmu at sbcglobal.net writes:

> I need a quick answer.  I remember the man I bought the crank from
> polishing the surface of the bearing journals with a fine grit
> sandpaper in order to polish them.  What #grit would be appropriate for
> that.
> Stephen  U

--------------------
Now you tells us!

Quick answer?     THATS the reason for your failure!!!!!!

Even I won't stoop that cheap.....  Bearing Journals must be polished with a
WET STONE!! [  use a crank shop ]

Anything less and you're asking for pre-mature failure...

You can use a 600-1000 grit  Emorycloth to clean off  rust /
residue.......but never to polish....never dry..

The 1st build..if done this way.....with tight bearing clearances...thin
oil.......3000+  rpm while going down the highway with very few miles.......Even I
wouldn't touch that with YOURS!!!  LOL!!

Matt Nall
stocker, mod, v8, turbo, boat, Sandcar
ALLVAIR!
Timogen was a softy!