<VV> New Vair Guy on the block

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 19 15:55:57 EDT 2006

Welcome to the group.

Since you are junking the lines, just cut the line and use a box end wrench.
Hold the block in place as solidly as possible and make sharp raps on the
wrench.  Normally, you just need to break the fitting loose and it will turn
from there.  This is (of course) after you've soaked with PB or whatever
rust remover you prefer.

Also, to do the RF brake line the gas tank must come down.  It will VERY
LIKELY contain some fowl smelling, gunky old gas.  Get all new hoses for the
tank  - clean it - use a sealant inside to coat it.  Check the operation of
the sending unit, you will likely need to rebuild or replace.

Later, JR