<VV> Replacement Seats

wblanning at adelphia.net wblanning at adelphia.net
Mon Jun 19 21:00:51 EDT 2006

GM is making a number of vehicles now with the seat belt built into the seat frame and not attached the body, similar to the Chrysler seats that Kent wrote about a few years ago.  I'd like to consider the GM seats for one of my Corvairs.  Does anyone know if the GM seats are mechanically activated or electrically activated (like the Chrysler's) upon sudden stop?  If electrically, I would like see if anyone knows how the complexity compares to the Chrysler system.  Simplier it is, the better for me.

Wade Lanning