<VV> Re: Lift deal

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Mon Jun 19 22:49:02 EDT 2006

Craig--my 4-post lift has been great. The ramps come off, when they're in
the way, in about 10 seconds each. Just remove a cotter pin and pull out a
rod. Suspension work has been no problem so far. Yes, it takes a little more
time but I usually work on only one wheel at a time anyway. Have a nice
bottle jack with a wide saddle, for starters.

The lift height is such that I don't have to bend over to get under it. A
slight duck is all that's needed.

As for needing friends to put a non-running car on the lift, guilty as
charged. I have not managed to scare all of my friends off yet... :-)

The lift I have comes with a removable caster set. Having the freedom to get
it out of the way for certain kinds of projects has been great.

--Kent