<VV> Alternator question

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Wed Jun 21 00:26:18 EDT 2006

Since I installed the all important voltmeter in my Corsa coupe, I've
discovered that the alternator is putting out 15 volts all the time. When the  car
is off, the battery shows 13.5 volts. The alternator is internal  regulated
that is puts out something like 50 amps. It's the rear of a unit from  a mid 80
GM car with a Corvair front and fan. I'm not blowing lights or anything  but it
sure seems like I need a voltage regulator. What does the group of  experts
think?

Ned  Madsen
MCCA President - Wichita, KS
1966 Corsa 140/4 speed