<VV> Setting the timing

TimogensTurbo at aol.com TimogensTurbo at aol.com
Wed Jun 21 13:01:47 EDT 2006

In a message dated 6/21/2006 9:18:44 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
MBanias at LRP.com writes:

> Hey there. First time owner (but have been around and worked on 'Vairs
> for 35+ years) and I'm seeming to have trouble getting the timing set.
> New plugs, wires, points, etc. new Flamethrower coil. This is on a '66
> Fitch Sprint, and I'm wondering if it's electrical, or if I have to get
> the carbs and everything in sync all at once to get it to run smoothly.
> I can't be this dumb; well, maybe....am I missing a key point here?
>
> Mark Banias

------

First let me welcome you to V V!  You will be exposed to a tremendous wealth
of knowledge / experiences here!

Secondly, look at my signature!!   Timogen???   Atilla the Hun's Birthname!!!
 ggg  So don't  let my tone upset you!

You need to tells us WHAT problem?  There are dozens of webtips on Corvair
timing out there so we assume you know HOW to set timing?
http://members.aol.com/patiomatt/techpages.htm     for one!  gg

What type of timing light are you using?

Is the timing moving?  ETC.

Note: "Fitch Sprint" is body  / suspension mods....What Engine do you have?
What Carburator [s] ? Is it turbocharged?

Get back to us in 5 minutes and in 10 you'll have some answers!

Matt Nall
stocker, mod, v8, turbo, boat, Sandcar
ALLVAIR!
Timogen was a softy!