<VV> stopping an ebay bid - no vair

Chuck Kubin dreamwoodck at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 21 17:04:31 EDT 2006

    Hey JR,
  I've bumped into every snag I think you can hit with ebay.  Yes, you can, and I've done it. There's a tab I believe under the customer service or FAQ sections (can't look right now) where you can ask about withdrawing a bid and get steered  (steern? steereded?) into the way to do it. They ask for a reason, and you just hit "bid on the wrong item" or whatever silly nonsense they offer.
  You don't get a black mark, but even if you did, that's better than getting stuffed into buying something you decided you don't want.  The fur really flies if you win the auction and decide not to pay because the seller has all the leverage to talk bad about you, whack your peepee and withold dessert.
  Right now I'm refusing to pay someone who said he'd ship by UPS ground (about $7) and CHARGED ME to ship by UPS air saver ($34!!!!  liar. fraud. LIAR!!!! FRAUD!!!) after TELLING me he isn't making enough money on the deal.
  I've had five people at ebay tell me I should have read the shipping terms (LIAR!!!!! FRAUD!!!!!) before I bid and I should attempt to negotiate it (I did...four times. LIAR!!!!!!! FRAUD!!!!!!)  One of those came in after I finally got one guy with an Indian or maybe Pakistani name who wants to see what I have because some sellers paid their shipping and handling costs to AVOID PAYING EBAY FEES.
  So it is OK for someone to jamb it to you, but they will side with the seller until they think the seller is jambing it to them. Surprised?  In effect, they BACK UP FRAUDULENT SELLERS and will do nothing for you.  It makes backing out now the best option.
  And if you ever do get some kind of black mark, BFD. I look at the feedback with most of the people I deal with, and a 100% rating means nothing. The negative I've read is always really polarized, either absolutely deserved or absolutely bullshit. One guy left me NEGATIVE because I wasn't thrilled over the shoddy crap he sent me and I left him neutral feedback. My answer to his raving was simple: "seller got pissy because I left him NEUTRAL feedback for providing a shoddy product." Spade's a spade. Just remember that others can spot a lunatic as well as you.
  And if the UPS calculator won't give you a competitive shipping rate and the seller won't either answer or adjust the shipping rate, fer chrissake, DON"T EVEN BID!!!!!
  The auction ends, the door is closed, and by ebay rules, you are expected to pay whatever bogus charges show up in the invoice. Let some other sucker bite it.
  Anybody need more? I'll take mail off net.

  Chuck Kubin

  J R Read_HML <hmlinc at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
  I placed a bid on and item (and a max bid which has not been reached). So
far, I'm the only bidder (six days to go) - BUT, I've decided I don't want
the item after all. Can I gracefully withdraw my bid, or do I have to just
hope to eventually be out-bid? Will I end up with a "black mark" on my 100%
record if I successfully withdraw the bid?

Suggestions?

Later, JR