<VV> Engine suffix

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Thu Jun 22 12:31:04 EDT 2006

In a message dated 6/22/2006 9:02:54 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
greywolf200t at earthlink.net writes:

I have  an engine with the suffix AA.  It isn't listed in the book I have,
can  anyone tell me what this block came in?

Thanks in advance  because I know you can, Jack Byrd

Jack,
This is not a suffix listed for the Corvair. We do know that the A as a
first letter was used for the 1969s, but not the double A. So what you have is
either a "one-off" 1969 engine, or a replacement engine that some mechanic has
identified as a AA when it was installed. What year is your Corvair?
I hope that this helps.
Regards,
Bob Helt