<VV> Early Differential Yoke failure....Repaired!!

Dan & Synde dsjkling at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 23 23:41:43 EDT 2006

Hi All,

After rounding up all the replacement parts over the last few weeks, I was
able to get the Greenbrier back on the road today.  Last night I prepped all
replacement parts and painted them.  This morning and afternoon it was just
a simple matter of assembling all the parts.  Replaced the u-joint,
differential axle yoke, u-bolts, seals, adjusting sleeve, starter.

I decided to replace the chewed up side adjusting sleeve too.  Only took a
few minutes time once I transfered the bearing cone over, real no-brainer
once I thought about it.  Replaced the differential/tranny oil with a
GL4/GL5/MT-1 Synth blend while I was at it.

Test drive, shifted great, no weird noises....Success!!!  Felt good to take
her out again, I was going through withdrawls.....

Thanks for the help,

Dan Kling

1961 Greenbrier Deluxe, 4spd, 3.89  On the Road Again,  yeehaw :)
1963 Spyder, restored   4spd Saginaw
1967 Ultravan #299  Newest of the herd!! Almost killed me already!!

http://photos.yahoo.com/duchesskyra
A few pictures of the Greenbrier, UltraVan, engine and tranny tear down with
more to come!