<VV> Trunk Spatter Paint Color

richard shank indyvair at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 24 15:56:36 EDT 2006

Rick - - -The trunk paint needs to be in a spray can to work properly.  It is a water based paint with different colors of oil based paints in suspension.  If you tried to brush it on you would end up with a smeary mess and would loose the spackle pattern.  A very close beautiful match for 1965 is the Dupli-color Spatter Paint #DM100, gray and white.  It is so close to original, even Larry Claypool couldn't detect some touchup work I did on an original trunk.  If you ever need to touch up the trunk after you have painted it, just give it another shot from the spray can.  If you doubt my word, try spraying some on a piece of metal and brushing it around with a brush.  Hope this helps - - -Dick Shank