<VV> REPORT: Back to the 50's Show - St. Paul

Tim Verthein minoxphotographer at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 25 20:51:33 EDT 2006

Just returned from the Back to the 50's in St. Paul. We go every year.
First time in 15 years we didn't go in the Edsel, but rather the
Corvair!  The kids grew up and moved out (except Ryan..heh-heh-heh) so
we could take the smaller car!  Got just over 25 mpg on the 400 mile
round trip which ain't bad with three adults and the trunk packed full
with stuff!  Saw a few 'Vairs, and met quite a few Vair people.  Car
ran perfectly, clutch leg got sore creeping thru the sea of cars and
people for nearly 2 hours looking for a parking space to open up. For
those of you who don't know, this event covers the Minnesota State
Fairgrounds, lasts 4 days, and brings over 11,000 cars making it the
largest show in the country. No formal show, etc..more like a cruise,
or an actual living, breathing car show. Anyway, a few of the several
hundred pics I shot are at:

http://www.edselmotors.com/btt50s06.html

And if you read the Corvair Center Phorum too, apologies for posting
this there too! But you'll see it again there!

Tim in Bovey

===
You *can* repair a flip-flop with a capacitor!
===