<VV> Question on Cosa Turbo Conversion

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Mon Jun 26 10:43:11 EDT 2006

<snip>I am considering making the 65 - 180 turbo normally aspirated by adding
a pair of 69 carburators and a dual exhaust.

Do I need to replace the distributor or will the stock one work ok?

Also are there any other tips on modifications for the conversion would be
helpful as well.
<unsnip>

Garth, I had a carb-conversion 180 in a dune buggy years ago (30!) and it
worked really well.  I installed a standard distributor.  Note that you won't
have a vacuum balance tube (no noticable impact), and you won't have chokes.  Use
the vacuum fitting on the right head to provide vacuum for the PCV. The
combination worked just fine in the dune buggy, low-end torque and response was
fantastic. (Wheelie on demand - Whee!)
Craig Nicol