<VV> garage floor paint update

Harry Yarnell hyarnell1 at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 26 15:37:19 EDT 2006

Well its been a year now since I've painted the garage floor, so here's my review of the Behr one part epoxy concrete floor paint. ($112/5 gal pail Home depot).
The three bay garage's 25 year old concrete was scrubed, and the Behr primer rolled on. Then, the paint.Rolled. One coat. Allowed to cure for one week with only foot traffic.
The one bay where all the work is done, shows NO wear, lifting, or defects of any kind. This bay has the roll jacks running around, exhaust systems dragged on it, brake fluid drooled on it, stuff dropped on it; and it looks great. Sweeping is a breeze. Sweeping a bare concrete floor creates alot of dust.
Now, the other two bays are used to park automobiles, and they too are in great shape, EXCEPT for a phenomena known as 'hot tire lifting'. The spot where the tires set have some (not much) paint that has lifted. The service bay, which parks a car when there's no work, doesn't have this issue.
All in all, I'm pleased with this product.

Harry Yarnell
Perryman Garage and Orphanage
hyarnell1 at earthlink.net