FW: <VV> Turbo oil problem

Duane, Jim (US SSA) Jim.Duane at it.BAESystems.com
Tue Jun 27 08:54:36 EDT 2006

 Forgot to respond to:  all...

Jim Duane
'66 180 Corsa CVT
Colonial Corvairs
CORSA

Hi Chuck.
You aren't the only one with a smoking turbo.  My first thought is
to.look for excessive crankcase blowby.  Then see if there is oil in the
intake tube.  If your smoke is at warm startup only, then suspect the
turbo exhaust side seal.
I am hoping to swap turbos with a spare from another local guy as my
smoke is of the "only when hot" variety.

JED
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Device