<VV> Still for Sale

Ryan Verthein daretocorvair at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 29 12:48:27 EDT 2006

My 65 Corsa COupe is still for sale.

For those who don't know and are curious about the
car, here's the description I wrote up.

This is a 1965 Corvair Corsa.  It was originally
Turbo-Charged.  Was originally Cypress Green.

In 1969 the College kid that owned the car  burned up
the engine compartment, and it was sold to a guy that
was going to fix it.  it sat in the guys barn for 30
years, and was sold to yet another guy that was going
to fix it.  I bought the car from him, and spent about
a year and a half getting the car back on the road.

ALL new brakes except for the drums which were in vg
cond.  has a new dual master cylinder conversion kit
in it.

The interior floor has been done in gloss POR-15.  the
floor was actually pretty solid (only a small patch on
the passenger side floor) as has the engine
compartment.  The body is VERY Solid.  the pictures
show the only through-rust left to be fixed-not a hard
job.

The dash is all there...I have the clock (in
non-working order as are most of the Corvair Clocks)
and will include it.

the main body harness and the engine compartment
harness are brand new.

The car right now has the original 4 speed mated to a
Posi-traction 3.55 differential.  it is held in the
car with the bare block so the car will roll.

I took a very few parts from the car- like 2 window
cranks, and one door handle I think (you’ll be able to
see in the pics.)

107375W275192   (1965 Corsa Coupe, Willow Run Plant.
was the 175,192 Corvair made that year)

Has Factory Tinted Soft-Ray glass.

The car needs a little body work and a paint job, and
an engine to make it go, and it could be a really
decent car.  for what it was when i bought it and for
all the work I put into it, it’s really a decent car.

In case you wonder why I’m getting rid of it... I blew
a hole in a piston in the 110 that i had in the
car-too much advance, not enough octane.  Instead of
finding another engine, I was offered a 65 Sedan, and
bought it and made it run and drive.

Comes with a pair of 87 Celica GT fully adjustable
bucket seats in very good condition.  they still need
to be mounted, but the job doesn’t look too hard.

IMHO, this car isn’t a restore project unless you want
it to be...the car is so solid, i really think you
could just get a good running engine in it, replace
the little odds and ends I took, give it a fresh paint
job, and you would have a really nice Corsa.

Asking 1000 Firm.  Not a bad price I'd say!

Thanks,
Ryan V.

1965 Monza Sedan 110/3
"164 ci of Flat Six Fury" (Lates rule)