<VV> Lower windshield panel replacement

jryall at juno.com jryall at juno.com
Thu Jun 29 14:47:39 EDT 2006

I'm faced with replacing the lower windshield panel in a '67 that I
recently acquired.  What are the precautions I should take to ensure
proper alignment and fit.  The dash has through rust holes almost as far
as the defroster grills.  Even though the replacement panel is wider to
cover rust in that area, it won't cover in this instance.  Is it
reasonable to replace the top of the dash?  I have a car that I'm parting
out from which I could grab the top.  I was thinking I could join the
dash top under the pad so the seam would not be visible once the pad is
in place.

This car is not going to be a show car.  Just fix it up and drive.

Does anyone have any comments or ideas about this repair?

John Ryall