<VV> Lower windshield panel replacement

Duane, Jim (US SSA) Jim.Duane at it.BAESystems.com
Thu Jun 29 15:37:33 EDT 2006

Hi John.

	It was a while ago and the patch panel covered my dash rust, but
if you're like me and you patched up your dash, any bad welds in the
area of of the speaker/defroster not covered by the pad will haunt you.
If I were you and had access to a doner top dash panel, I'd cut out the
section from the base of the windshield to a place the dash pad would
cover.

Jim Duane
'66 180 Corsa CVT
Colonial Corvairs
CORSA

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org] On Behalf Of jryall at juno.com
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2006 2:48 PM
To: virtualvairs at corvair.org
Subject: <VV> Lower windshield panel replacement

I'm faced with replacing the lower windshield panel in a '67 that I
recently acquired.  What are the precautions I should take to ensure
proper alignment and fit.  The dash has through rust holes almost as far
as the defroster grills.  Even though the replacement panel is wider to
cover rust in that area, it won't cover in this instance.  Is it
reasonable to replace the top of the dash?  I have a car that I'm
parting out from which I could grab the top.  I was thinking I could
join the dash top under the pad so the seam would not be visible once
the pad is in place.

This car is not going to be a show car.  Just fix it up and drive.

Does anyone have any comments or ideas about this repair?

John Ryall