<VV> Interesting Custom bodied Vairs- now BST GT

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Sat Mar 4 13:31:14 EST 2006

In a message dated 3/3/2006 6:06:01 PM Pacific Standard Time,
David.Brown at bsci.com writes:

> Yes, Matt, that would be the BST GT, made with 68 Corvair parts except
> for the engine.  The last owner was a real flake.  He removed the drive
> train to start a restoration project, but wasn't well equipped to do
> much himself.  Once he realized it wasn't worth $50,000, and he wasn't
> getting as much free help as he wanted, he left it parked outside (at a
> friend's gas station?) to rot.  The last I heard, one of our members saw
> it a couple of years ago &was turned off by the growing cancer &
> figured it was going to be too expensive to repair.  It may have been
> sent to the crusher by now.
*****************
This is so sad!  Over the years I've watched 100's of vehicles purchased by
"deluded" owners with grandiose plans....with no real knowledge of what they
needed to do / spend.

When I suggest they just do what ever is necessary to get the car
drivable...in order to determine if it's WORTH  any real   INVESTMENT of time and
$$$...they  most always scoff  at the idea...saying  they, "only do things RIGHT"

When I tell them that "homebuilt / custom / innovative design" type vehicles
are not always what the designer intended...let alone what WE may think is
good, I'm usually met with a blank stare / glare!  As if it were an insult to say
they MAY have purchased a POS!

I would rather see a rusted, but drivable / useable BST GT that the guy had
only $3000 invested........than hear that it's no longer in existence!!

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Mr. DeckRug
http://members.aol.com/patiomatt    Corvair Info!