Fwd: <VV> "sealed" trunks and UNSEALED TRUNKS

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Sat Mar 4 22:24:51 EST 2006

Talk about "weighted" trunks.  I had a minor accident with my first '65 Monza
Coupe while on leave from the Army.  I couldn't get it fixed at home in time
so I drove it back to Fort Gordon with the trunk pushed in about 4 inches.
Looked terrible but drove ok until the last hundred miles or so.  After a heavy
summer thunderstorm the car handleg like a pig--swayed back and forth on each
bend in the road.  When I got back to the base I opened the trunk to find my
duffle bag sitting in about six inches of water.  Thats when I discovered the
use for the plate in the bottom of the trunk.  I popped the "plug" and let the
"bathtub" drain and took the car to the body shop the next day.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
'64 Brier
'65 Corsa