<VV> Wretched Electrical Connector

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 4 22:40:42 EST 2006

< < Has anyone found a modern-day replacement that's readily available? Model or part numbers would help. At this point I don't care about how stock or non-stock it looks. What I need is a good reliable set of electrical connections. > >

I have found that just drilling right through the connector and inserting a piece of heavy gauge stranded wire through the connector, soldered in on both ends, to be highly reliable, and can look sorta not ugly if you do a nice job connecting the wires. It is certainly not stock, but about the only time one unplugs that connector in normal usage is to repair that battery wire connection -- it's only real purpose was ease of original assembly some 40 years ago. The guys selling replacement engine wiring harnesses might have a different opinion, but ... hey, they're just trying to make a buck, too.

These days, you can find some nice, high capacity wire connecting systems at most high end car audio retailers, among other places.

Godspeed!

Bill Strickland