<VV> Dual Pumps

bernievogler at comcast.net bernievogler at comcast.net
Mon Mar 6 16:06:55 EST 2006

I had starvation problems with a mechanical pump and shortly after with its replacement.  In a fit I put in a Carter Electrical Pump located at the tank, removed the mechanical unit entirely.  40000+miles later, no starvation, no failure, no vapor lock.. I did carry a mechanical pump for a few months, but the electric has been totally reliable.  The car starts better.  I think the pump tops up the carb cambers before the motor fires, so the accelerator pump gives a good honest charge of fuel and almost always fires the motor on the first lick of the ignition.

Bernie
From: Smitty Smith <vairologist at verizon.net>