<VV>vacuum question at idle.

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Mon Mar 6 16:40:23 EST 2006

In a message dated 3/6/2006 12:21:16 PM Pacific Standard Time,
keitho64 at yahoo.com writes:

I have 4
carbs, two primaries and the two secondary on a
progressive linkage which actuate at about 30% open on
the primary.  At idle all 4 carbs are pulling the same
reading on my unisyn.

SNIPPED!

> The problem as I see it is the vacuum is
> fluctuating rapidly between 14-16 as if the motor has
> sticky valves.  What is the normal vacuum I should see
> at idle on a 140 motor?  Is it normal for the
> fluctuation?  I always thought the idle vacuum should
> be rock solid but I never check before so I do not
> have a good baseline.
******
1   remember you're taking a reading on 3 cylinders!   Try it at the Balance
tube ..6 cylinders!

Also...If I remember correctly...isn't this an "add-on"  4 carb setup?
Sounds like you're using 4 primary carbs....normal "secondaries"  are fully shut
at idle....no vacume reading!

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Mr. DeckRug
http://members.aol.com/patiomatt    Corvair Info!