<VV> Strange power loss problem fixed - now vacuum at idle

Keith Onchuck keitho64 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 6 18:44:08 EST 2006

Matt - This whole problem started last summer.  I
think I drove it less than 100 miles.  I did notice
the gas smell when I filled the tank but is was not
very siginificant.  When I got the car home there was
nothing on the ground as the gas evaporated by then.

I never put the two together that they were related.
That is all water under the bridge now, or is it gas
under the car...  It is now back to normal and as soon
as the roads clear I can get out and drive it again.

I have had the car for 12 years now, I guess I
expected it to last a lifetime.  ;-)

Keith

> First, thanks for all of the feedback on my strange
> power loss problem.  It was due to a blockage in the
> fuel tank.  The rubber hose on the filler fell apart
> and landed in the tank.  It blocked the feed line
> enough that it would intermittently clog the line.

WHAT???  ggggg

How could you put gas in without some of it spilling
on the ground????
I've
replaced many of these that leaked like a
sieve...smelled really bad
after
fillup.....and even when the hoses were SPONGY....they
were intract!!!

You've had this car for several years...right???  fill
us
in.....inquiring
minds.....