<VV> What Broke?

Marc Sheridan sheridanma at adelphia.net
Mon Mar 6 20:32:52 EST 2006

Nigel,

Before the experts chime in, I'll give you my somewhat educated guess. From
your description, it almost has to be clutch related. The reduction of noise
from adding oil is probably really just hopefulness on your part. My guess
is it is the pressure plate or maybe the throwout bearing hanging up.

Sorry I can't back up my opinion with years of clutch work on Corvairs, but
at least it is something to think about before the real gurus either agree
with my analysis or rip it apart :o).

Marc Sheridan

From: "Nigel Hoyow" <nigelhoyow at hotmail.com>