<VV> Great Corvair Resource

BDJ Griffith bdjgriffith at dslextreme.com
Fri Mar 10 20:42:39 EST 2006

I have to agree with Anil regarding the CD from Ned. I picked mine up a
couple of weeks ago because I wanted to make a couple of slight
modifictions to the dash wiring harness. The color coding of the overall
electrical system was neat, but the fact that each subsystem can be
viewed separately without the clutter of all the other wiring is awesome.

Now, as far as power windows and locks on a Corvair, I'm not a purist
but....................

Britt Griffith
65 Coupe
Anil Mittal wrote:

Hello everyone. I just wanted to tell you about a new resource I
have been using for my Corvair which I think is great.

[snip]

am making many electrical modifications to the
car including:

1) Modern ATO fuse block mounted in trunk
2) E Spec Headlights with relays
3) 4 Way flashers
4) Alarm with remote start
5) Power Locks
6) Power Windows
7) Oil Temp Gauge
8) Oil Pressure Gauge
9) Volt meter
10) CD Changer with XM and iPod interface
11) Something I am forgetting right now
12) 0 Gauge feed to trunk from battery

To all the purists out there, please don't lecture me. I appreciate
your concern but I do this because I can and because I need projects
to keep my mind busy :-)

Instead of trying to add all this stuff to the Corvair I wanted to
wire it as if it left the factory with all of this stuff. I have
spent almost 2 weeks with all of the stock wiring harnesses laid out
in the basement while grafting all of the new wiring in. I have been
using the CD of color coded wiring diagrams from Ned
(aeroned at aol.com) and I don't think I would be able to even attempt
what I am doing without his hard work. The CD is excellent. It is
laid out in a very organized way, each circuit in each harness is
shown individually in color as well as all the circuits together. I
highly recommend this CD for anyone who wants a better understanding
of your Corvair's electrical system. I found the shop manual to be
useless in comparison. Thanks for letting me share, hope the CD is of
some help to others out there.

Anil