<VV> UltraVan

Dr. James Waddell wadde001 at tc.umn.edu
Sun Mar 12 12:47:34 EST 2006

I was catching up on my digests and noticed a reverence to an "UltraVan".
I just had to see the pictures - thanks Dan Kling (I think that's who put
them up?). Event though I have had my '65 Vert for about 20 years, I really
haven't been "into" Corvairs in general. I just like mine because it
is a fun little car and it's pretty different from anything else.

That UltraVan really got my attention.
Is there really a Corvair under there?
What kind of power plant does it have? Can the standard pancake 6 actually
move all that bulk around?
Did GM build them or was it a conversion job?
How many of them were/are there?

I would really like to see one in the flesh.

                        *   |
      .=====____=====.  |   | Jim Waddell
     /                \ |   | College of Veterinary Medicine
   0...--..______.......|   | at the University of Minnesota
  : O O    |1965|    O O :  |