<VV> Fuel Pump

Anil Mittal anil at anil.com
Sun Mar 12 19:23:17 EST 2006

            I have another failure mode which happened to me and drove
me crazy for a few months. My car would randomly sop running like it had
no gas on trips longer than about 5 miles. If I let the car cool
completely it would start up fine and run great. The problem was  that
one of the check valves in the fuel pump was not staked into the body of
the pump well and would fall out then pop back into place. I assume that
when the pump got hot from the heat of the engine the pump body would
expand enough that the valve would drop out and it would stop pumping.
One the pump cooled and held the valve in place all was fine. Good luck.

Anil