<VV> 140 carburation

aeroned at aol.com aeroned at aol.com
Mon Mar 13 12:06:07 EST 2006

JR Wrote:
<Snip>
Well, I have a nearly new - but very beat up - piston laying on the top of my desk. I look at it EVERY day. It is a reminder not to install cut out tubes in my carbs ever again! If the tubes come out of the carb, guess where they go - and what route they take.

<Snip>

JR,
That sounds like and interesting story. Did the whole tube come out, or just part of it? The turn cutout tubes on my carbs are 4-6" long with a 90 degree bend in them. Half of the tube is in the bowl and half is over the throat. I suspose if the tube broke at the bend, part of the tube could get sucked through the carb. I'd like to hear more on this story...
Ned