<VV> 140 carburation

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 13 12:22:28 EST 2006

They were about 2 1/2 inches long with about a 45 degree bend.  Two came
out.  I was using the stock air cleaner and I suspect it knocked them loose.
Part of one (maybe 1/2 inch) was still in the intake manifold - but you
could see where the valve had been chewing on the end of it.  The other made
it - well in pieces but I don't know how big the pieces were - past the
valve and into the cylinder.  It is (particles) sprinkled all over and
welded to the top of the nearly new TRW forged long skirt piston.  The top
ring grove was compressed, preventing - or impeding movement of the ring.
The ring broke.  Just not a pretty sight, overall.

AND - this is the first time I've ever admitted to this stupidity.

Later, JR